1. Under normal driving conditions for each travel 5000 km on the brake shoe check once, not only to check the remaining thickness, but also check the wiper wear state, both sides of the same degree of wear and tear, the return is free, etc., found abnormal The situation must be dealt with immediately.
2. brake shoe is generally made of iron liner and friction material composed of two parts, must not wait for friction material part of the grinding did not change the shoe. For example, Jetta's front brake shoe, the new film thickness of 14 mm, while the replacement of the ultimate thickness of 7 mm, which includes 3 mm more iron liner thickness and nearly 4 mm of friction material thickness. Some vehicles with brake shoes alarm function, once reached the wear limit, the instrument will alarm tips to replace the shoe. To achieve the use of the limit of the shoe must be replaced, even if still can use for some time, will reduce the effect of braking, driving safety.
3. Replace the original spare parts to provide the brake pads, the only way to make the brake pads and brakes between the best braking effect, wear the smallest.
4. When replacing the shoe, you must use the special tool to turn the brake cylinder back. Can not use other crowbar hard pressure back, so easy to lead to brake caliper guide screw bending, so that brake pads stuck.
5. After the replacement, be sure to step on a few feet brakes to eliminate the gap between the shoe and brake disc, resulting in the first foot did not brake, prone to accidents.
6. brake shoe replacement, the need to run 200 km to achieve the best braking effect, just change the hoofs should be careful to drive