Application of organic pigments
Organic pigment particle size and its application in the paint is closely related to its particle size is generally between 0.01-1um, the role of organic pigments in the paint depends on the size of its dispersion in the paint, its nature and the degree of dispersion exist The following relationship:
1. Hue changes: As its dispersibility increases, yellow and blue become slightly green, purple becomes markedly red, and red and green become bluer.
2.Coloring power: the relationship between the color strength and particle size varies with each organic pigment, particle size below 0.4um, the coloring power increases at a considerable rate.
3. Tone brightness and purity: When the particle size dropped below 0.4um, its brightness and purity increase.
4. Flocculation: When the particle size between 0.2-0.4um, most organic pigments will produce flocculation, some of which are particularly significant, began to flocculate below 0.2um.
5. Blossoming and Floating: It depends on the particle size distribution of organic pigments, their density and their wetting with resins, solvents and surfactants.
6. Luster: Before the particle size reaches 0.3um, the specular reflectivity increases, and further dispersion turbidity decreases.
7. Transparency: As the particle size decreases, the transparency increases
8. Copper Floating Color: Where a copper float color occurs, it is associated with a larger particle size and a higher pigment concentration
9. Color fastness: As the degree of pigment dispersion increases, the color fastness decreased slightly, only moderate color fastness.
10. Weatherability: Enhanced dispersion can improve the gloss retention, excessive dispersion will result in decreased weather resistance.
Hangzhou Xiaoluan Imp & Exp Co.,Ltd
Address: Dijing business street 129,Hezhuang street, Xiaoshan District,Hangzhou